Fathers Day Ideas For Church Service
We are all excited to celebrate Father’s Day, and we want our churches to be ready with meaningful service ideas and activities. This article will help you plan a meaningful program for your church this holiday by providing you with some great ideas that can be easily incorporated into a service or presentation.
Father’s Day Service Ideas
Here are a few ideas for a father’s day service.
- A service with a theme: You can have a gospel message specifically tailored to fathers, or you can choose themes that are relevant to both fathers and children (such as the importance of family). You could also develop a theme that is relevant to fathers, children and mothers (such as honoring our parents)
- A service with activities: If you want your church service to last more than an hour then it may be beneficial for everyone if you also include some activities for families during the service. Consider games like “Pin the Tail on the Donkey” or other popular carnival games such as “Ball Toss”, “Knock Down Cans” or even “Ring Toss”.
Father’s Day Sermons
Father’s Day is an opportunity to take stock of the importance of fathers, their role in the family, community and church. In 1 Corinthians 4:15a Paul says “For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.” The phrase “in Christ” could be translated “in union with Christ.” It is through this relationship with Jesus that we become sons and daughters.
The Apostle John wrote, “…if anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire…” (John 15:6). God’s Word tells us that apart from Him we can do nothing (John 15:5). We who were once dead in our sins but now live by faith in Jesus Christ receive His promises as true because they are backed by his word (Romans 10:17), including eternal life for all who believe on him (John 3:16).
Ideas For Fathers Day Service Programs
If you are looking for ideas for a church service, take a look at the following list:
- A sermon on the importance of fathers.
- A presentation of gifts from children to their fathers.
- A ceremony where each child gives their father a rose representing the number of years they have been alive.
Father’s Day Presentation Ideas
- A slideshow with photos of the father.
- A video of the father.
- A song about the father.
- A poem about the father.
- A poem about the father and his children or wife, etc., if applicable (e.g., “Fathers Day Presentation Ideas: Mother’s Day” or “Mother’s Day Presentation Ideas: Father’s Day”).
Father’s Day Church Ceremonies
A church ceremony is an event that involves the entire congregation of a church. It may be held at any time during the year, but it is often scheduled to coincide with Father’s Day. The purpose of such a service is to honor the father figures in our lives, especially those who are members of their own churches or religious institutions.
Church ceremonies can take many different forms depending on what kind of ceremony you want to have and how your congregation likes to celebrate things. Some common forms include:
- A special sermon or speech given by a member of your clergy
- A musical performance by your choir or instrumentalists
- An opportunity for everyone present to share stories about their fathers with each other
These ideas will help leaders plan a meaningful and engaging program for fathers this holiday.
There are many ways you can incorporate your congregation’s fathers into the celebration. Here are a few ideas:
- Include the father’s name in the program. This is a great way to personalize it, and also lets attendees know who to focus on during the service.
- Include a photo of their children or family members with them in it as well. This is another way of letting people know who they’re honoring, but also makes it more personal by showing off their loved ones. You may want to include this in an area where all invited guests know about it before arriving at church so that they have time to take pictures beforehand if possible!
- Add some photos from recent events where he was active in ministry or service (like here). This is another great way for families and friends who couldn’t make it out this holiday weekend still feel like part of things while honoring someone special at home watching over them too!
We hope these ideas have helped you plan a meaningful and engaging program for fathers this holiday. There are a lot of great ways to celebrate Father’s Day, so take a look at them all and find the ones that work best for your church!