Prayers For Forgiveness And Repentance
Confess your sins, and you will be forgiven. Have faith in God, who forgives all sin.
I’ve made mistakes. You’ve probably made some too. We all have times when we feel like God is far away from us or that we don’t deserve His mercy or forgiveness after what we’ve done wrong. But the truth is that He wants to forgive you for your sins and give you another chance at life! The Bible says that if we confess our sins and ask for forgiveness, He will forgive us (1 John 1:9). So why are so many Christians afraid to ask God for forgiveness? Well, it’s because they’re afraid that they’ll lose their salvation if they do something wrong again or get caught up in another bad habit or addiction after they’ve repented once before; however, this isn’t true!
Confess Your Sin Prayer
- I confess my sin.
- I ask for forgiveness for the wrongs that I have done, and for all the ways that I have hurt others.
- Lord, help me to change from this day forward and never sin again! Forgive me of my sins, which are many because of my own actions or inaction. Give me strength and wisdom to do better in the future so that you will be pleased with me once again.*
Ask For Forgiveness Prayer
- You should be specific about what you want to be forgiven for.
- You should also be specific about what you want to do differently in the future.
- And then, you should also be specific about what you want restored to (your relationship with someone, your standing in the community, etc.).
God, Please Forgive Me Prayer
I know that you are always ready to forgive me. I ask for your forgiveness and repentance from all of my sins. Please help me to turn away from any sinful ways that I have been living in and help me to lead a more holy life in the future. Thank you for loving me enough to forgive my sins, even when others have not been so forgiving toward me.
A Prayer For Forgiveness And Restoration
- We are all sinners and need to be forgiven.
- Only God can save us from sin.
- God will forgive us if we ask him to.
A Prayer To Relinquish The Past And Look Towards The Future
- Dear God, I know that it is difficult to let go of the past and move forward, but you have blessed me with a new life and given me the opportunity to make better decisions in the future. Please help me to forgive myself for my past failures, as well as those who have wronged me in the past.
- Dear God, I want to start fresh today by putting my trust in you and turning over a new leaf! Please help me forgive myself for my mistakes so that I can move forward into this new chapter of my life with confidence
Give It All To Jesus Prayer
Give It All To Jesus Prayer
“Lord, I will turn from my wicked ways. I will put away my evil deeds by which I have sinned against you. You are always present before me, and your spiritual law is written on every one of my heart’s walls. So now I will not do anything that is not pleasing in your sight; but only what pleases you shall be done by me; for I seek to please you with all my heart.” (Ezekiel 18:27-28)
This prayer was written by Chad Cline and shared with permission!
God Is The Only One Who Can Save You From Sin
God is the only one who can save you from your sin. God is the only one who can save you from your past. God is the only one who can save you from your future sins and mistakes, because He has already paid for them by dying on the cross. So if you feel like a dark cloud of guilt and shame hangs over you, remember that God loves us all so much that He sent His son Jesus to die on our behalf so we could be forgiven and make things right with Him again. Pray this prayer:
God, I confess that I’m a sinner like everyone else in this world–and even more than most people! (Romans 3:23) But thank You for sending Your Son Jesus into this world to pay for my sins with His own lifeblood; without Him there would be no hope left for me! Now please forgive me of all my wrongdoings in thought word or deed as well as those things I have done but have never confessed before now… In Jesus’ name I pray amen
Lord, You Are Mighty To Save Us
O Lord, You are mighty to save us.
You are our Father and we are Your children. We have sinned against You and need Your forgiveness. Help us to forgive others who have wronged us; help us to repent and turn away from evil. Give us the strength to begin again with fresh hope in Jesus Christ, knowing that nothing can separate us from His love (Romans 8:38-39). In Jesus’ name we pray, amen!
Pray for forgiveness and repentance to God; He will be faithful to forgive.
As you pray for forgiveness and repentance, remember that God is faithful to forgive. He forgives freely, constantly, and completely. As a result of His grace, there’s nothing you can do that will cause Him to stop loving you or turn His face away from you.
Praying for forgiveness and repentance is not easy. But it’s worth it! If you have spent some time in prayer, but still feel burdened by guilt or shame over past mistakes, then it may be time to talk with someone like a pastor, priest or other spiritual leader. Remember that God is always ready to forgive us when we turn back to Him with all our hearts (Psalm 86:5). We can also ask others around us at church or work if they would be willing companions on this journey towards healing—maybe even beginning a group prayer meeting together might help give voice to your concerns so that others stand beside you as well?